The artichoke is one that I find tastes better when steamed. So every since my angel could eat solids, we were steaming artichokes for dinner.
- Prepare the artichoke for cooking. For instructions, see How to Prepare an Artichoke.
- Fill the steaming pot with about 2 inches of water and place the steaming basket on top.
- Put the prepared artichokes in the steamer and close the lid.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 45 minutes or until the leaves pull easily from the plant and the heart is soft.
- Remove from the fire and serve hot.
NOTE: Although my angel is allergic to dairy, I still find it difficult to enjoy my steamed artichoke without a helping of clarified butter for dipping. I guess you can say that this is one of my guilty pleasures!