No-Potato Chive Latke
1 C cooked short grain rice
1/2 C rice flour
2 T chive or green onion, finely chopped
1 T rice oil
1 t salt
1 t dill
1 C water
rice oil for frying
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir until just mixed. Do not over-mix.
- Allow batter to rest for 30 minutes.
- Pour enough oil in a skillet to cover the bottom. Turn heat to medium or medium-high.
- When the oil is thoroughly heated, ladle batter into the pan and gently press to flatten. Keep your ladle in a bowl of water to prevent the batter from sticking. If the batter begins to stick to the ladle, just dip the it in the water again.
- Cook the latke until light brown on one side. Watch your heat and only turn them one time. If the latke cook too slow, they will be hard on the inside or too fast and they will be mushy.
- Once the latke have cooked on each side, place them on plate with a paper towel to cool.
- Serve with honey or my Pear Sauce.