Samgyetang (Chicken Soup)1 whole chicken
8 C water, or enough to cover the
3 T salt, additional salt at the end to taste
2 peeled cloves garlic, optional
- Wash chicken and place in a large stock pot and cover with cool water.
- Add onion and garlic and cover with lid.
- Bring to boil and simmer slowly for 1.5 - 2 hours.
- The longer is simmers, the softer the chicken and the tastier the soup.
- Remove chicken, onion and garlic. Salt broth to taste.
Make It Easy Tip: For those of you with a slow cooker, this is the perfect recipe. Throw all of the eingredients into the pot and cook on low for 8 hours. It is ready when you get home from work!
Beware....some chickens inject broth into their chicken as fillers. You must look carefully on labels to find information about this. These broths often contain soy, corn, and other unidentified vegetables. It is worth your money and time to find a chicken brand that does NOT add any of these "natural" ingredients.
This month we are featuring Korean recipes as we compete for a trip to Korea with KoreaTaste.org. Please visit the AllergicAngel's Korean blog, vote for our posts and help the AllergicAngel go to Korea!.