Moosam (Pickled Daikon Radish)
3 inch piece of daikon radish
2 T sugar
2 T rice vinegar
4 T water
- Using a mandoline, slice the radish into paper thin slices. If using a knife, slice the radish as thin as possible. Try to keep the radish slices in a neat stack.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, vinegar and water.
- Place the sliced radish in a bowl.
- Pour the sugar mixture over the radish. The radish should be covered by the liquid. If it is not, mix another batch of liquid and add it to the bowl.
- Allow this mixture to stand at room temperature for 2 hours.
- Cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for another hour or until serving.
- The radish is good for one to two weeks.
This month we are featuring Korean recipes as we compete for a trip to Korea with KoreaTaste.org. Please visit the AllergicAngel's Korean blog, vote for our posts and help the AllergicAngel go to Korea!.