With school in full swing and football season upon us, this is the perfect time for a quick and healthy snack like Simple Salsa. This recipe is kid-friendly so there are no veggie chunks, easy on the garlic and onion with a touch of sugar to cut the acid.
1 box Pomi chopped stewed tomatoes
1/2 onion (may add more to taste)
1/4 red bell pepper
2 t garlic powder (may use 1-2 real garlic pods, if tolerated)
1 T dried chopped cilantro (optional)
2 t salt (add more to taste)
1 t sugar
Juice of one lime (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Puree ingredients until smooth.
- Taste and adjust salt and onion.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes so flavors will blend.
- Serve with Bolder Olive Oil potato chips, sliced vegetables, hamburgers, or taco salad.