THE GAMES: The little angels will help with the pumpkins for a little while, but eventually their attention turns elsewhere. This year, I prepared an outdoor relay to help the angels burn up some energy before dinner then some crafts to keep their attention while inside.
For the relay, I had enough legs to the race so that each adult could man a station while one took pictures and I oversaw the process. This relay works best for ages 2-7 with the adaptions for ages 5-7 in parenthesis.
- Grab an oversized t-shirt from the bag and put it on (pants, too, with socks on their hands).
- Jump through hula hoops lined up on the ground (on one foot).
- Roll a pumpkin to the wagon and put it in the wagon (carry the pumpkin on your head to the wagon).
- Get a "wart" - large jewel sticker - from an adult, chase the "witch" -an adult wearing a witches hat - and put the "wart" on the "witch" - the witch may run ("witch" runs more for older kids).
- Take off clothes and put in bag.