This week's snack is: Fruit or Veggie Puffs
Snack Match substitute: "Dusted" Fruit and Veggie Bites
This Snack Match is for the newer babies in the bunch! I used to make these for my little angel when she was just starting on finger foods. Many moms use the puffed fruits or veggies but that wasn't an option for us. The inspiration came from WholesomeBabyFood.com to "dust" chopped fruits and veggies with cereal so the little ones can pick it up easier.
"Dusted" Fruit and Veggie Bites
1 banana, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 carrot, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 avocado, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 C Rice Chex cereal
- Steam carrots until soft enough for baby to eat without easily falling apart when picked up.
- Grind cereal into a fine powder or "dust".
- Toss fruits and veggies in the cereal powder.
- Place in small bowl that is easy for the little one to manage.
- Refrigerate to preserve freshness.
- Best eaten immediately but the babies don't seem to mind eating the brown fruit. My angel happily eat it even after it had been in the diaper bag for hours!