2 t garlic powder
1 t dried thyme
1 t dried basil
1 t dried oregano
1 filet of sashimi grade tuna
- Blend the first 6 ingredients in a Magic Bullet or food processor until they form a powdery paste. You may need to stop the machine to unclog the blade.
- Pour mix onto a plate and set aside.
- Cut tuna filet into pieces of about 1 inch diameter.
- Pour rice oil over the tuna pieces then dredge them in the herb mix coating the tuna on all sides. It may be necessary to gently press the paste against the tuna. It is ok if it goes on thick but try to coat all sides evenly.
- Refrigerate until about 10 minutes before serving.
- When ready to cook tuna, cover bottom of pan with rice oil.
- Heat oil on medium high heat.
- Place the filet in the hot oil and cook for about 30 seconds. If you prefer your tuna more done then you may leave it longer or if you prefer it rare, you may heat it for less. Do not overcook this high quality tuna. It truly tastes best when only slightly cooked.
- Remove and cut on an angle.
- Serve over rice or a salad.