A snack match is an allergy-friendly snack that nutritionally and/or visually resembles a popular children's snack.
This week's snack is: Sugar Snaps
Snack Match substitute: Homemade Sugar Snaps
Homemade Sugar Snaps
3 C puffed rice
3/4 C sugar
2 t salt
- Heat oil in a large saute pan.
- Add rice to the pan and toss.
- Sprinkle sugar over the rice in the pan and toss to ensure even distribution.
- Continue stirring until sugar caramelizes on the puffed rice.
- Pour Homemade Sugar Snaps into a bowl and shake to prevent clumping.
- Allow to cool before eating.