I have been itching to grill again and have been experimenting to find the perfect allergy-free bun for our angel. Although the bun idea is not yet fully baked, the patty recipe is. So, pull out your favorite bun substitute, whether that be crackers, latkes, or a store-version and let's slide into some SuperBowl fun!
1 lb. Ground beef
1/4 lb. Bacon
1/4 Onion, chopped
1 1/2 T Garlic powder
1/2 T Salt
1/2 C Radish Sprouts, slightly chopped
1 T Rice oil
salt, to taste
- Cut bacon into 1cm pieces.
- Mix the beef, bacon, onion and spices together.
- Refrigerate for 2-8 hours.
- Measure 1T meat mixture and form into a ball. flatten the ball leaving a slight indentation in the center in case the guests want to add condiments to their sliders. It is best to form all of the patties before cooking. This allows you to focus on the cooking process and prevent burning any of these precious little bites.
- Cook the patties by frying in a pan or broiling in the oven. You may try grilling but I found it harder to flip these tiny jewels there.
- Once cooked, place each burger directly onto their bun so that the juices may flavor your bread substitute.
- While the burgers are cooking, toss radish sprouts with oil and salt.
- Thinly slice cucumber with a knife or on a mandolin.
- Place one slice of cucmber and a small pile of the sprout mix on top of each slider patty then serve open face or top with another "bun".
- Serve and enjoy.