This week's snack is: Hot Cocoa
1 large chunk of ginger root
1 T honey
2 cups hot water
- Peel ginger and cut into 1/4 inch thick pieces. If the ginger is young and the skin is still pretty, you can just wash and chop it.
- Place ginger in a pot of water and simmer for one or two hours until all of the goodness has been sucked out of the ginger roots.
- Strain "ginger" tea into a jar and store in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready for a cup of Ginger Honey Tea, place 1/4 cup of the Ginger Tea with 1 tsp of honey and 1/2 Cup of warm water in a wintery mug.
- Taste the tea, adding honey and Ginger Tea to your taste. (After making this a few times, you will know the exact combination for you.)
- Stir well and sip by the fire.