Our angel has only eaten pineapple a few times. We haven't avoided it; it just isn't a common part of our diet. The first time our angel ate pineapple, it was a grand slam. The second time, our angel didn't eat much and was 'itchy". This has left us wondering, "Is she allergic?" So, with summer here, we are going throw a wedge on the grill and see what happens.
Grilled Pineapple Wedges
1/4 C brown sugar (optional)
- Start your grill and allow to thoroughly heat up.
- Cut the top and bottom off of the pineapple.
- Stand the pineapple upright and slice off the peeling.
- Cut the pineapple lengthwise into four, long wedges.
- Place the pinapple on a hot grill.
- Cook for 3 minutes or until it easily lifts off the grill.
- You want nice clear grill marks on the surface before you turn it.
- Turn and cook on the next side for about 3 minutes.
- Cook on the final side about 3 minutes, as well.
- Remove from the grill. Each of the sides should now have grill marks.
- Serve warm as one long wedge or slice into multiple wedges about 3 inches thick.
Kitchen Tip: Have you tried basting them with our Citrus-Basil Dressing while cooking? Omit the brown sugar and brush on a little of our favorite dressing. For easier basting, simmer the dressing until it has thickened. Yowza! It is good!