1 batch of Agua de Melon or Agua de Sandia
(Canteloupe or Watermelon Water)
1/2 C finely diced pear
1/2 C finely diced banana
- Cut the banana into 1/4 inch thick pieces.
- Place a popsicle stick in the center of each piece.
- Put banana in the bottom of a small paper cup or other mold with the stick sticking straight up.
- Place pieces of finely diced fruit, such as banana or pear, in the mold about 1/4 way up the cup.
- Put all of the cups on a metal tray.
- Pour Agua de Melon or Agua de Sandia in the cup about 1/4" below the edge.
- Put the tray in the freezer and allow to freeze completely, about 6 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove from the freezer and allow to sit on the counter for 1 minute.
- Holding the popsicle stick, remove the popsicle from the mold and enjoy!
Popsicle molds: You may also use popsicle molds to make these. They are sold in many stores and online, especially during the summer months. They usually cost only a few dollars.