Grilled Chicken with Citrus-Basil Marinade
2 batches Citrus-Basil Dressing, omit the honey in one recipe
4- 6 chicken breasts
- Mix up 2 batches of my Citrus-Basil Dressing but omit the honey in one batch.
- Set aside 1/2 C of the dressing which contains the honey and put the remaining dressing in a gravy boat.
- Place the other batch of dressing in a plastic ziploc bag.
- Pound the chicken breasts flat until the meat is uniform, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Add the chicken to the bag of dressing and seal, squeezing out the air as you go.
- Massage the chicken, turning the bag so that the marinade covers the chicken evenly.
- Refrigerate for 2-8 hours, until ready to cook.
- Heat the grill.
- Cook the chicken breasts for about 7- 10 minutes on each side, until the chicken reaches a 165 degree internal temperature.
- Before removing the chicken from the grill (or just after if you do not want to dirty your grill with a sugary sauce), baste both sides of the breasts with the reserved Citrus-Basil Dressing.
- Let rest 3 minutes before serving.
- Goes well with Cilantro-Lime Rice and Gogoma.