Beets and Korean Pears are staple in our house so they often end up on the plate together. This time, I have combined these two favorites with our favorite dressing to create a beautifully delicious salad.
Roasted Baby Beet and
Korean Pear Salad
1 bunch baby beets or 2 regular beets
1 T rice oil
1/2 Korean or Asian pear, peeled and finely sliced
1/4 red onion, finely julienned
1/4 head of iceberg or romaine lettuce
1/4 medium head of boston lettuce
1/2 head red leaf or other fancy leaf lettuce
1 batch Apricot Dipping Sauce for the dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil.
- If using baby beets, scrub them clean, dry them and place them in the roasting pan. If you are using regular beets, peel them and cut them into 1 inch pieces then place on the pan.
- Sprinkle the beets with salt and the 1 T rice oil then toss to coat.
- Roast the beets for 30-45 minutes until just tender.
- Cool the beets in the pan.
- Wash the lettuces and place them in a bowl.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-size pieces and cover with a damp towel.
- Place the lettuce in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour before assembling the salad to serve.
- Place pear and onion in a bowl with the lettuce.
- Drizzle the Apricot Dipping Sauce over the salad and toss.
- Just before serving, add the beets to the salad and give one more gentle toss. If you used read beets, overtossing the salad at this point will turn your whole salad pink.
- Serve chilled.