Seared Chimichurri Halibut
4 Halibut filet
1 T freeze-dried cilantro
zest and juice of 1 orange
1/2 t garlic powder
1/4 t salt
2 T rice oil
additional oil for frying
1 batch Cilantro-Lime Rice
1 bunch fresh cilantro
1 bunch fresh parsley
5 cloves garlic
2T red onion or green onion (optional)
1 T honey
juice of 1 lemon or lime
1/4 t salt
- Mix cilantro, orange juice, orange zest, galic powder, salt and oil in a Ziploc bag.
- Add halibut and allow to marinate in the refrigerater 4-6 hours.
- In the mean time, make your Cilantro-Lime Rice and Chimichurri Sauce.
- To make the Chimichurri Sauce, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth like a pesto sauce.
- Taste the sauce and adjust the seasoning to your taste.
- Remove halibut from the refrigerator.
- Heat a nonstick skillet with a little oil.
- When skillet is hot, gently place your halibut in the bottom.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until browned, then flip.
- Cook about 7 minutes until this side is brownand flaky.
- Remove from the pan.
- Serve the fish over Cilantro-Lime Rice and top with Chimichurri Sauce.