This week's recipe is my go-to quick-cook fish recipe. I serve it with rice and a salad for very quick meal or dress it up with latkes and a veggie dish for something special. Try a vegetable noodle toss for a truly fast meal - just cook the veggies and noodles in one pot while the fish is searing. Toss the poasta with oil and spices, place the fish on top and you are ready to eat!
4 tilapia fillets
- Heat a non-stick pan with two tablespoons rice oil over medium heat.
- Wash fish and pat dry.
- Sprinkle fish with onion powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Lift the pan to spread the oil around the bottom of the pan. Add more oil as needed.
- Gently place the pieces of fish on the bottom of the hot pan. Do not crowd the pan. It is better to cook a few pieces at a time and cook multiple batches than it is to overload a pan and never get the heat needed to properly cook the fish.
- Cook the fish until brown on one side, about 5 minutes.
- Gently flip the fish and cook until brown and flaky, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot.