This week's snack is: Rice Krispy Treats
Snack Match substitute: Rice Chex Treats
Rice Chex Treats
1 1/2 C honey
3/4 C sugar
2 t salt
1 (12.8 oz.) box Rice Chex
- Crush Rice Chex and put in large stainless steel or glass bowl.
- Grease a 9x12 inch (or larger) ceramic or glass rectangular baking dish. The larger the dish, the thinner your treats.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat honey, sugar and salt on low until melted and bubbly (~ 200 degrees).
- Pour sugar mixture over crushed rice chex and stir immediately to distribute sugar evenly.
- Pour rice chex mixture into greased pan and press down with spatula or hands, if cool enough.
- Allow to come to room temperature then remove from pan and cut into squares for serving.