Roast Pork with Pear and Cranberry Pan Sauce
2 lbs. pork loin or pork tenderloin
2 T orange zest, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 T thyme, minced
1 T kosher salt
3 pears, quartered
1 medium onion, diced
1/4 c dried cranberries
1/4 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine zest, garlic, thyme, and salt. Set aside.
- Remove pork loin from packaging and pat dry with paper towels.
- rub the salt mixture all over the pork loin until well coated.
- Place the loin into a roasting pan with pears and onions and roast until internal temperature is between 150- 160 degrees. (approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour).
- Remove pork loin from pan. Let it sit for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Put the pan drippings and the vegetables into a blender. Blend on high until smooth. Add chicken broth to achieve desired consistency. (I tried to substitute water and it really lacked something in taste. It definitely needs broth or pan drippings.)
- Stir in the dried cranberries and spoon sauce over medallion slices of pork. Serve.