This is a great way to use leftover savory Jjuk or porridge like our Zucchini, Mushroom and Onion Jjuk. Simple add a little rice powder to thicken and fry in a shallow pan. Try these as a Korean side dish or dipped in a little honey. Yum-um-my!
1 recipe Zucchini, Mushroom, and Onion Jjuk
11/4C rice flour (optional)
- Make the Zucchini, Mushroom, and Onion Jjuk. Set aside.
- The jjuk should be thick enough to scoop onto a hot frying pan. It should not be thin enough to ladle. If the jjuk needs thickening, add the rice flour to desired thickness.
- Heat 2 T oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- When pan is hot, scoop batter in 1/2 C portions onto the frying pan. Spread the batter.
- Cook until brown, adding oil if needed.
- Flip to cook the other side. Careful not to pat down after flipping; this ruins the latkes texture.
- Do not flip too soon; it is best to flip these only once.
- Once this side is brown and crispy, remove from heat.
- Serve hot.