Zucchini, Mushroom, and Onion Jjuk
4 inch piece of zucchini, finely chopped
1/4 piece of onion, very finely chopped
2 baby bella mushroom, finely chopped
1 C uncooked sushi rice
6 C water
1 t salt, adjust to taste
- Rinse the rice with water and remove any stones or unwanted items.
- Place rice and water in a pot.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- While the pot comes to a boil, chop the vegetables and add to the pot.
- Continue stirring frequently and gently while the porridge cooks.
- When the rice begins to break down, turn off the heat.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve warm.
NOTE: You may use cooked rice but cut the water in half and continue stirring. As the jjuk cooks, add water to keep the porridge moist until the rice breaks down and the vegetables are cooked.